- an excise tax on sugar-sweetened beverages;
- federal and state governments to support a decrease in marketing of sugary drinks to children and teens;
- federal nutrition assistance programs to ensure access to healthy foods and discourage consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks;
- regulations that require added sugars content to be included on nutrition labels, restaurant menus, and advertisements;
- making healthy beverages, like milk and water, the default on children’s menus;
- and an implementation of policies in hospitals to limit or disincentivize purchasing sugary drinks.