Jared Siskin/amfARGetty Images
- Kourtney Kardashian revealed she’s going back on the keto diet.
- Kourtney, 40, tried the keto diet two years and said her “body never looked better.”
- She plans on doing keto for a month, and shared what her daily meal plan looks like.
Let’s be real: Kourtney Kardashian always looks super fit—and she credits it to paying close attention to her diet and workout routine. But now, Kourt revealed that she’s going back on one of her most tried-and-true diets: keto.
A little background: Kourtney actually did the keto diet two years ago, according to her recent blog post on her lifestyle website, Poosh. “My doctor actually put me on the keto diet a couple of years ago for a metal detox,” she wrote. “He tested my muscles and found that I had high levels of mercury and lead in my system.”
Kourtney added that her doctor “let me know that one of the fastest ways to detox was to keep my body in a state of ketosis. I would check my blood sugar and ketone levels every morning to make sure I was on track.”
But an added benefit of her keto diet was how it made her look at feel, she said. “My body never looked better than when I did the keto diet two and half years ago, when I did it for two months,” she wrote. “In my experience, I’ve found the best method to train my body to curb sugar cravings, burn fat, and kick-start weight loss is by sticking to a keto diet.”
Kourtney’s not the only celeb who’s tried keto. Here are a few more:
That’s why she’s giving it another go—and this time, she’s sticking to lots of veggies and lean protein. “My plan this time is to eat minimal carbs and no grains, beans, or legumes,” she wrote. “I’m focusing my meals on fresh vegetables and lean proteins. I eat three meals a day with no snacking in between if possible.”
Kourtney even shared her new keto meal plan on her website. Here’s what Kourtney eats in a day on her new keto diet:
- Breakfast: An avocado smoothie made with Stevia, MCT oil, bone broth powder, and blue-green algae.
- Lunch: A protein-based chef salad with turkey, mixed greens, and egg whites.
- Dinner: Chicken or salmon with cauliflower or broccoli rice
- Snacks: Green tea, bone broth, or nuts like walnuts and pecans.
Overall, Kourtney says she’s “really excited to be jumping back in” to the keto diet, but says that she’ll “most likely go back to [her] regular lifestyle” after her month on keto is up. “It’s all about balance,” she wrote—which is definitely a mindset I can get behind.